Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Why is it so hard?

Why is it so hard to accept that Gluten is no longer a part of my life?  Maybe because I do not yet have the experience to make all the yummy foods I once enjoyed in a GF fashion.  I want to be able to go out to eat with my family and not have to struggle over what I can eat on the menu, besides salad.  Even the salad has to have things taken away and substituted to meet my GF/veg requests.  Why is that every salad has to come with Chicken or Bacon or Turkey or Steak... ?

Food used to be so straight forward.

Now it is full of moral questions, physical consequences and many MANY emotions.

I am still so new to all this that I am sure it should all fade in time and not seem so intense, but that is not where I am today.  I have been in limbo so long that to really commit to what I know I need to do is a big deal.  I guess it must be that way, no matter what the life change is.

I really looking forward to using this blog as a motivation for me to get out of myself and into some really yummy food my body and my heart and my soul can feel good about.

Here's to the future...

N

No comments:

Post a Comment