Saturday, August 4, 2012

Farmer's Market

So I have to make a shout out to (one of) my local Farmer's Markets.  The Hillsboro Farmer's Market
on Saturday isn't huge, but it has a great selection of thinks I love to get for my family.  I spent $20 this morning, and had a nice trip out with my oldest munchkin.  Some of my prize spoils are yummy blackberries (1.50/pint!) Yellow Plums, Italian Basil (Tufo rice wraps, here I come!) and a beautifully long chubby zucchini to stuff in the next day or so.  I spent a total of $20 and brought home a ton of fresh local produce.  It's doesn't get better than that.

As a Gluten Free Vegie lover, this time of year, when the markets abound, are so exciting.  Thet help me get excited to broadon my culinary horizon and try new foods.  Getting my husband to try them can be tricky, but we've only been married 2 years so it's an Art Form in friendly manipulation I am learning to execute.

I hope to post some good resources I have been finding online, but for now... tummy's a'rummblin and I got plenty to fill it with!!

Until Then,

Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment